I was in a major reading slump in September. Seriously, almost nothing could hold my attention. In spite of it, I did manage to finish 4 books:
- To All the Boy I’ve Love Before by Jenny Han
- Going Geek by Charlotte Huang
- We Awaken by Calista Lynne
- Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Click on the title to read my review.
My favorite book that I read this month was Illuminae! Although it took about 100-150 pages for me to get absorbed into the story, once it took off, it was amazing. What I loved most about this book is the formatting. Seriously, it’s so beautiful!
My least favorite book was To All The Boys I Loved Before. I didn’t dislike it, I just didn’t love it as much as I thought I would. I thought Lara Jean’s voice was extremely immature, and all the characters were a bit childish. This read more like a MG than a YA. Again, I didn’t dislike it and I will continue with the series.
I didn’t write a review for We Awaken, but my rating is 3 stars. It’s an own voices book about asexuality, which I greatly appreciated it since I identify as asexual. It’s a great introductory book for readers to learn about asexuality. I really wanted to love this book, but unfortunately the story itself is a little lacking. It’s a very short read so there’s little room for development. It’s very rushed and this book gives new meaning to the word ‘instalove’.
Other posts this month:
- Top Ten Tuesday #5: Books on My Fall TBR List
- Waiting On Wednesday: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
- #ReadThemAllThon Wrap-Up
- Waiting On Wednesday: Wing Jones
- Top Ten Tuesday #4: Book Series I Wish Were TV Shows
September Book Haul
Physical books I received this month are Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir courtesy of Penguin Random House, Going Geek by Charlotte Huang courtesy of Penguin Random House and The Fantastic Flying Book Club, The Lethal Agent by RS McCoy courtesy of the author, and Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer courtesy of #BooksforTrade on Twitter.
eBooks and Audiobooks:
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- Omari and the People by Stephen Whitfield
- Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
- The Melody of You and Me by M. Hollis
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Garnell
- Marked by Sarah Fine
- Influential Magic by Deanna Chase
- The Medium by C.J. Archer
And I made it through a whole month spending absolutely $0 on books!
My October tbr is the same as September’s since I only managed to finish one of the books. Let’s hope I do better this month!
- Riverkeep by Martin Stewart
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J, Maas
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han