The Love-a-Thon is an event dedicated to spreading positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community. As in the previous years, the event will include mini challenges, Twitter chats and giveaways galore!
I was introduced to the 2016 Love-A-Thon via a post on Alexandra’s beautiful blog Twirling Pages and I immediately wanted to take part in it. Luckily, sign-ups are still open and I’m very excited to be participating in this year’s event, which is also my first! Below is my introduction post with some amazing questions provided by the lovely hosts which were a lot of fun to answer!
1. What’s your name? I go by Elle, which is pronounced like the letter “L”, which is also the first initial of my real name.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from? I’m currently in my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama, but I live in Phoenix, Arizona.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place? I’ve always been blogging in some for or another since I was a teenager. I always wanted to create a book blog, but I didn’t think that it was possible until I found bookstagram. As I started to interact more and more with my followers there and chat more about books, I discovered that I finally wanted to take the leap.
4. How did you come up with your blog name? I just wanted something that was cute with alliteration and obviously bookish. haha
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I’m a huge fan of young adult novels. I have a slight obsession with Dean Koontz, but that’s about it. I will read any genre if I come across a book that appeals to me, but there’s something very entertaining about most young adult novels, especially fantasy and dystopian series.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? My blog is fairly new so it’s mostly reviews and rants and raves. I’d like to post more blogging tips and lifestyle posts as well.
7. Best blogging experience so far? I don’t want it to seem like I got into blogging for the wrong reasons, but it was really cool the first time I received a review request. I’m hoping Love-A-Thon will be great experience to add to the list!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community? I love meeting new people and hearing all the diverse opinions on books and book related shows and movies. Honestly, I’ve discovered so many amazing new books that I never would have heard of or considered if it wasn’t for bookstagram and the blogging community so I’m very thankful for that.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (March 8, 2016)
- Bluescreen by Dan Wells (February 6, 2016)
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (April 26, 2016)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (July 31, 2016)
- Over Your Dead Body by Dan Wells (May 3, 2016)
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Marr
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? The Partials Sequence by Dan Wells is a great read! I’m a huge fan of the author and I would recommend any of his books.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? The Raven Boys… all of ’em, even the dead one.
13. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max) I only need two and they’re amazing…
- Hermoine Granger from the Harry Potter series / Let’s admit it, Harry and Ron would have died 100 times if Hermoine wasn’t there to save their asses.
- Tris Prior from the Divergent series / She’s strong, fearless, and selfless. Despite her love for her family and Four, she always did what was necessary for the good of humankind.
14. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I listen to a lot of music and watch a lot of Netflix.
15. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? I have a huge collection of blu-ray movies. They’re kind of my other obsession.
16. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? Right now, it would be anything by the band Beachweather.
18. What would your dream library look like? I love that this one is bright, open, and multi-functional. I really hope to have a large library and office in my home one day.
19. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? J.K. Rowling! I want to know everything that’s inside her head and hear more stories about the Wizarding World.